Stratiform, Inc. (“Company” or “We” or “Our”) respects your privacy and this Privacy Notice is a demonstration of our commitment to ensure that we have the necessary online security and customer service practices in place to protect your privacy interests. This policy describes the information we collect online at Stratiform.ca (“Website” or “Site”), how such information is used or disclosed as well as the choices you have regarding such use or disclosure, and the methods, policies, and practices we employ to secure and protect the information collected from you.
We are proud to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, by complying with the laws and regulations under applicable privacy laws in Canada, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Digital Privacy Act.
1. Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from you in various ways when you interact with us, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, credit/debit card or other payment method information, date of birth, or e-mail address (collectively, the “Personal Information”) as well as non-personal information such as information concerning your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Website, or through third parties, given that we will obtain your consent to do so where lawfully required. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide Us:
The information we collect may include, among other things, information that you provide when establishing an account with us; information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our Website; records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; details of transactions when you make an online purchase from us; information you may be required to provide regarding contact, billing, payment or other financial information; information regarding your participation in a rebate or warranty program offered by us or a third party; your search queries on the Website; and information that you provide when you communicate with any of our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services through the Site, telephone, mail or fax.
You may also while interacting on our Website may have the opportunity to provide information that may be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, the “User Contributions”). Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk as we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Email Newsletter Subscriptions:
Upon subscribing to our email newsletter through opt-in form submission, you may begin receiving our email newsletter. In order to make our email newsletters more relevant and useful to you, our servers may receive a confirmation when you open an email message from us only if you have opted-in to receive communications from us. You may opt-out of or unsubscribe from the receipt of such communications by following the directions clearly provided at the bottom of the marketing communications in each email that provide a link and/or detail the necessary steps to be taken to opt-out of receiving such communications.
From time to time, we may run game promotions such as sweepstakes, contests or other promotions (collectively, “game promotions”). If you enter a game promotion, you will only opt-in to receive email or other communications relating to game promotions from us and our affiliated partners. You may subsequently opt-out of the receipt of such communications by following the directions provided in each email that detail the necessary steps to be taken to opt-out of receiving such communications. Your opt-out status will not affect your participation or chances to win in the game promotion. During the applicable game promotion period, however, you may nevertheless receive emails which we deem are related to the game promotion.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies:
As you navigate and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website and (ii) information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. Such information is considered statistical data used to help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for such automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: We (or service providers on our behalf) may collect information through the use of “Web Beacons” on pages of our Website, and e-mails. Web Beacons are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs), which may employ cookie technology that enable us to record data about visits to or transactions made on the Site. This information is sometimes known as “clickstream data.” We may use this data to understand and analyze user behavior as well as trends and statistics to improve your online experience and to strengthen our customer service. No Personal Information is collected through the use of Web Beacons on the Site. However, if we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
- When you use the Website or the content therein, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device so to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content. These third parties may include advertisers, ad networks, ad servers, analytics companies, your mobile device manufacturer, and your mobile service provider. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information such as through co-branded or joint offerings with third parties. This information will only be added if necessary to assist in your use of the Site in any way.
2. Use of Information Collected by Us
The information we collect from you can be used in any legal manner we chose once you have provided us your consent. However, we, for the most part, use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to personalize and improve your visit and shopping experience at the Site in the following ways: present our Website and its contents to you; help us develop and improve our Site and your experience on the Site; process a transaction; provide you with information about products or services, purchases, and to communicate with you about information that you request; provide you with notices about your account; carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; notify you about changes or updates to our Website, or to products or services offered or provided through the Website; allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website; to help us target specific offers to you; or to fulfill any other purpose for which such information is provided. We may also use such information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research. Note that you are in no way required to provide the Personal Information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases, we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
- To Service Providers: We may employ other companies or individuals to provide certain services to, or on behalf of, us such as fulfilling orders, delivering shipments, sending postal mail or e-mail, analyzing customer lists and data, processing rebates transactions, providing warranty services, or performing marketing or consulting services. These third parties (“Service Providers”) may be given access to your Personal Information to the extent necessary to perform these services, but will not be permitted to use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- To Credit Card Companies: If you place an order that requires supplying us your credit card information, the Personal Information you provide is transmitted to your credit card company to verify and authorize your purchase. At certain times we may offer financing options with or without third party participation. If you use a financing option, the Personal Information provided by you (such as your address, birth date, social security number, and credit card number) may be used to request a credit report from third parties or may be sent to a third party for processing.
- To Third Party Marketing Partners: From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other third parties whom we believe are trustworthy. In such cases we might license, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including your name, postal mailing address, telephone number or email address that will enable such third parties to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you so long as you have consented to the disclosure of your information for such a purpose but only after you have opted-in and indicated what information you would want shared with such third parties.
- To Related Companies: We may share your postal and e-mail address, telephone number(s), customer preferences, and purchase history with our ultimate parent company, PCM, Inc., or other subsidiaries and affiliates of our ultimate parent company, PCM, Inc.
- To Shippers: We may share your information, such as your name, telephone number and shipping information, to third party shippers (such as UPS, FEDEX, the Canadian Postal Service, or similar services) to deliver your product(s). There also may be instances in which we drop-ship orders directly to you from one of our manufacturers or suppliers. These drop-shippers are given your information, such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number, for the sole purpose of fulfilling your order.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information to which you have consented.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request or where we feel disclosure is necessary for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
- To enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- To investigate a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province, or to prevent, detect or suppress fraud, and disclosure with consent would compromise the investigation.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third Party Transaction-Level Data:
If you visit the Site from a third-party website, the third-party website may be able to access select information from your individual transaction information. In order to track and credit your transaction the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Site. Any transactions made at the Site while such a code is active will be reported back to the third party website. We will only report non-Personal Information to these websites such as the date of the transaction, the product(s) purchased, and the amount spent. We will not report any information to these third party websites that will allow them to personally identify you.
Links to Third Party Site:
Our Site, sites we operate, and unaffiliated sites, display interest-based advertising and contain certain links to third party websites, such as our vendors’ websites and links to other websites intended to facilitate our customers’ shopping experience, such as Google Translate. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content found on these websites. We recommend that you check the privacy notice of each website you visit. Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and any submission of data to such websites shall be at your sole risk.
Catalog and Other Informational Subscription Requests:
When you request a catalog from us if we offer a catalog, we may share your name and postal address with a third party fulfillment company solely for the purpose of sending you the requested catalog. We are in no way responsible for the third party fulfillment company’s privacy practices or content. You may unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the communications in the confirmation email sent to you after requesting a catalog or other informational subscription. Law Enforcement and Protection of Users: To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates, customers, or its users. We may also disclose Personal Information for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
4. Retention of Personal Information
We may keep a record of your Personal Information in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
5. Affiliate Programs
We maintain relationships with third party affiliate websites. Although we do not and cannot control the activities of the third parties that operate such websites, in the event you suspect an affiliate website is engaging in abusive practices, including, for example, spam, trademark infringement, predatory means of attracting visitors, or unlawful activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Children and Privacy
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. No one under age 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. If you are under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, do not use or provide any information on the Website, on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verification of parental consent, we will work to delete that information. We understand that children may not fully understand all of the provisions of this Privacy Notice or make informed decisions about the choices that are made available to adult users of the Site. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be familiar with the websites they visit. We do not sell products to persons under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are required seek the consent of your parent or guardian to purchase products from the Site.
7. Storage of Personal Information
We gather Personal Information from you when you submit inquiries through our Website. This is typically done through a digital form that requests your name, title, email address, and your location information.
The HTTPS communications from these pages is encrypted and secured by the TLS 1.2. protocol.
The information you provided will be stored within our customer relationship management systems on servers located at our facilities in the United States, which may mean your personal information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities within the United States.
Our service providers may, from time to time, also hold your Personal Information in connection with purposes for which you provided your consent.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
Furthermore, we employ 128-bit encryption technology in all areas of the Site which require you to provide your personal or account information, including those areas related to online ordering and order status. On the network layer, the Site utilizes industry-standard firewalls, packet inspection, routing configurations, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive Personal Information, such as your name, address and credit card number. On the software layer, in order to ensure the security of your Personal Information, we follow the principles of the Open Web Application Security Project, have a System Development Life Cycle process in place to review code, and have a separate peer review and quality assurance process that are designed to ensure code changes are ready for production. We also have our Security Team periodically review the Website with tools designed to ensure the Website is safe of vulnerabilities.
Should the security measures safeguarding Personal Information be breached (an “Incident”), our Incident Response Team will follow a standard course of action that involves discovery, containment, and eradication of the security threat and attempted recovery of all Personal Information using detective and preventive security controls based on the severity of the threat. You may be notified of an Incident if (i) a user (employee, contractor, or third party provider) has obtained unauthorized access to Personal Information; (ii) an intruder has broken into the database(s) that contain personal information; (iii) computer equipment, such as a workstation, laptop, or other electronic media containing personal information has been lost or stolen; or (iv) a third party service provider experiences any of the above events.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You should recognize, however, that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with Internet transactions. Although we try to do our best to protect your Personal Information, you should recognize that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with Internet transactions, and, thus, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. To make sure you have the latest security features on your browser, you may want to download the most recent version of your favorite browser, which should have full SSL support.
Should you wish to receive more information regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at email@example.com.
9. Corrections/Information; Removal/Opt-out
If your name, e-mail or postal address, telephone number or other Personal Information changes, you may update, correct or omit the relevant information by contacting us at 1 855 369 0465 or firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, if you no longer wish to receive communications from us you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com, sending a letter to: Stratiform, 2nd Floor; 620 – 8th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1G4 or by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of all marketing communications in any marketing e-mail you receive from us.
10. Contact Information
11. Business Transfer
We may transfer or assign any customer information, including Personal Information, owned, under the control of, or received by the Company or its affiliates, in connection with a merger, divestiture, stock sale, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding so long as a reasonable standard of care is still used to safeguard such information.
12. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL STRATIFORM, INC. OR ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, LICENSEES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITE OR ITS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OR PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SITE). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF STRATIFORM, INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW OR OTHERWISE LIMIT THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, AND THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMISSILBE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, AND YOU MAY HAVE RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW ADDITIONAL TO THOSE CONTAINED HEREIN.